Thursday, November 25, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Feastlet

I had the day to get Thanksgiving dinner ready for my little husband.  Although he obviously did not marry me for my cooking skills, I wanted to do this for him today.  I set the table, made an arrangement of things I could find outside and lit the candles all around the house...mood set.  It was a simple and delicious (if I do say so myself) meal.  A big salad...individualized since he mostly just likes lettuce in his salad...pretty and yummy.  Turkey breast in the crock pot...moist and yummy.  Green beans from our garden...crisp and yummy.  Sweet potatoes in the microwave, with butter and cinnamon and brown sugar...just plain yummy!   Have a look....maybe I will become a domestic diva when I retire...stop laughing and just have a look....

I love the berries and the colors.


Hmmm.  Mayhaps should have ironed the table cloth...too busy cooking.

His very basic salad.



My very colorful and yummy salad.

Turkey steaming in the antique crock pot.
  
Sliced and ready to serve.

Green beans from our very own garden.


Look how healthy it looks...and is...well, maybe except for the butter and brown sugar cinnamon stuff.
 And there was dessert, too.  A no bake pumpkin cheesecake thingy...and I promise you I tried to get a good picture of it, really.  I cut, and we ate, 2 pieces each for the cause.  But it really just tasted a LOT better than it looked.  Might try again later...
My little husband was happy.  Mission accomplished.  Thanks given.



6 comments:

  1. O.M.G.!! I am so shocked (no offense!) and proud of you!!! Very impressive - LOVE the food pix - way prettier than mine. I can't do good food pix for some reason! And I LOVE the arrangement too! I want one please! :D Good job, you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I know you put 'desert' instead of dessert just for me!! LOL Don't worry, I'll fix it for you. hahahahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. TeeHee. I am a woman of many hidden talents...hidden is the important word. The arrangement is way prettier in person. I couldn't get a good picture of it for some reason. It can be yours...come and make your basket to put it in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you never know...maybe it was VERY dry. Rats. Don and I both read it more than once. Thanks for the repair work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl you need to get a life, pictures of thanksgiving dinner? glad it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, it was an adventure. You take pictures of your adventures, right? TeeHee

    ReplyDelete