Thursday, November 11, 2010

But There Is Still More Stuff

When I got out my Thanksgiving folder...about 3" thick...I had one of THOSE moments.  I have so much accumulated stuff in there.  I have mimeographed pages in there!  Remember that wonderful smell of the freezing cold blue ink papers?  I have years worth of ideas and every single one of them is good.  Now, never did I use them all in one year, but I always had NEXT year to rotate through some more of them.  Hmmmm.  If I used them all this year, we might be done in February!  This was a little disconcerting to me today...a little sad.  I am imagining that I might have another of these moments when I get out my Christmas folder, and tote, and box of books! 
So, for tomorrow, it is Native American Fun Friday.  They were here first, after all.

3 comments:

  1. Mom found a folder with all of my old projects from your class and my reading class. I read through all of my Christmas and winter stories and laughed about how I used to make up things to seem interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) What's a mimeograph? Is it the same thing as a "ditto machine?" lol ...
    On the flip side of things, I'm just starting to compile resources and I'm always trying to find the time to file away the good ideas. I can imagine how they add up over time. Have a great Native American Fun Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsa, you mean that stuff wasn't true???? You are quite interesting! Ashley, just don't start now keeping stuff that you don't ever use. Only keep the really good stuff! It will still be plenty. And yes, ditto and mimeo are the same! I can smell it now...ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete