Thursday, December 9, 2010

2 Hour Delay-the First

So, I love that kindergarten kids don't really have that much of a sense of time.  Today, we had a 2 hour delay...it was really cold out!  So, we do our regular beginning of the day routine - a work activity as they come in and a little carpet time to get everyone settled and on the same page.  So, I send them to their tables to work on our December Quilt piece and we get it almost done.  Then, and this is the BEST part, I say, "OK.  It's time to line up for lunch."  Here are a few of the replies:
  • What?  We just got here.
  • What?  I'm not even hungry/
  • What?  We didn't even do groups yet....they do have a sense of schedule, just not time.
  • What?  And then after lunch it is almost time to go home...
  • What?  I love today!
And tomorrow is Fun Friday!  I have a weeks worth of Coral Reef and Christmas art to get through.  We will be very crafty!
p.s.  Tom in his Catnip HideAway went to his new home.  She was happy and her payment is to do my bus duty for the very last time this spring...4 days!  Yippee!  I am happy...it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment