Thursday, February 10, 2011

Overheard Conversations

Yesterday we were doing some advance preparation for Fun Friday.  The theme is whales and sharks.  We were beginning the creation of 2 scale models to hang from the ceiling.  So, I have the 5ft. long paper laying on the table and they are all gathered around me and I am drawing the whale while looking at a picture in a book and talking about how I am seeing things and measuring things and all of that when one of the little darlings said, "You're a really good artist."
Before I could even say, thank you, the conversation continued:
"Maybe she could be an artist when she grows up."
"Uh, she's already pretty grown up."
"Well, when she is done being a teacher, then."
Nice to have a little group of life planners surrounding me...and talking about me like I'm not even there!

On the other end of the table I hear some talk about how big the blue whale is in real life.  They were trying to compare it to things:
"I bet it is bigger than our room."
"It is bigger than a house."
"Is it bigger than our whole school?"
"Well, it doesn't matter how big it is, it isn't bigger than God, because God is the biggest thing in the world."
"No, He isn't."
"Yes, He is."
"How do you know?  Did you ever see God?"
"No, but He is still the biggest thing in the world."
God is alive and well in my class full of life planners and an outspoken evangelist!

1 comment:

  1. I just read this out loud to the family. Much laughter. I LOVE kid conversations.

    ReplyDelete