Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sleeping, OR Not...

I'm pretty sure that one thing I won't miss when I retire is losing sleep over my job.  I can't tell you how often I am awakened in the middle of the night with a worry about one of my little ones.  With a fear about something that is going to happen that will change things in my class...a new student, a new principal.  So, I pray that the child is safe...that the changes won't be terrible...that I will be given the strenght and wisdom I need for the coming day.  If you are good at this job it just isn't something that you can walk out the door and forget about each day...just isn't.
There are also the nights that I wake up with excitement and a wonderful idea.  These I have to pray about, too.  Pray that I don't foget them by morning! 
Seems to me that teaching is equal parts passion and compassion, wisdom and wit. 
It's a great job, but it isn't for the timid...or those needing a full 8 hours of sleep each night.
But naps on Sunday are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment